Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I don't really have any specific resolutions as of yet but wanted to check out what other people like to do. I took this New Years Resolutions Around the World Quiz and got 12/ 20. This kinda hurt my ego even though I am definitely no expert on other cultures. Take the quiz and let me know how you did!
Good afternoon everyone! I want to start off by apologizing for my lack of attentiveness the last little while. This time of year is always a bit hectic for me. On another note, this morning I finished my Dr. Brant's Pores No More Anti-Ageing Mattifying Lotion that I recently reviewed in my Reviews and Dupes from My Most Expensive Face- Skincare Edition.
To summarize, I found that this oil-free product helped to reduce my pore size and helps to reduce redness in my skin. I found the retinol in this product to be quite gentle on my skin and helps it to remain smooth. I would definitely repurchase this product again.
It's been a while but I finally completed another product. This Project Pan has proven to be a struggle considering the time of year with all the sales. This proves that I can stick through it. I finished the Body Shop's Tea Tree Shampoo for Oily Hair and Scalp. I found that this shampoo was not only great for my oily hair but also good for dandruff this time of year. The scent, however, was not fantastic. It didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell good either. It was just kinda there.
Although I would repurchase this product again, I cannot as it has been discontinued. Luckily I still have another full bottle that I bought as back-up. This has proven to get the job done when nothing else could. It will be hard to find a replacement for this product.
Merry Christmas everyone! I received some bath bombs for Christmas and decided to use one today. I used Father Christmas. Unfortunately it had already broken by the time I opened it but this is what it's supposed to look like:
Lush describes it as "This is the one you'll want to use on cold, dark winter nights to relax in the tub. Spicy clove bud oil, vanilla absolute and a dash of brandy combine to comfort and warm your skin and mind. A dash of red glitter lights up on the water, the shell melts away, and that's when you discover the inside of the bomb is bright green. How festive!"
It had a nice powdery, cherry smell that left the water green with purple sparkles. I definitely enjoyed my bath.
1. I want to go sky diving. I already have the tickets.
2. I want to buy a house. My boyfriend and I are currently saving up but putting 20% down is proving to be a challenge.
3. I want to learn how to bake. I can cook, I just don't have the precision to bake. I like to throw things in, not measure.
4. I want to try surfing. Living in Canada proves to make this a difficult task.
5. I want to go to Japan. I love the culture (and the anime), so I want to experience it first hand.
6. I'd like to climb a mountain. I used to go rock climbing, but only indoors.
7. Get my Master's degree. I have a bachelor's in Business and as such, if I want to continue to get my Master's in Business I need to have 2 years of related work experience before I can even apply. Truth is, I have no desire to start writing essays again.
8. Learn French. I know a BIT of French, but not enough that would qualify to be able to put it on a resume.
9. Visit a volcano. While in Sicily I saw one, but did not make the effort into climbing and looking down.
10. Ride a camel to to pyramids in Egypt.
11. Learn archery and fencing. I love the whole medieval era.
Now I TAG you! Leave a comment below telling me something on your bucket list, or post a link to where you have done this tag.
I was requested to do reviews and dupes for some of the products from My Most Expensive Face- Skin Care Edition. This is going to prove to be quite difficult for me because I haven't tried a lot of drug store brands, so I might cheat and just use some less expensive alternatives.
Eye makeup remover: Biotherm Biocils Lash Optimizer- $31
This dual phased product is supposed to removed stubborn eye makeup and condition lashes. I agree that this is a fantastic eye makeup remover, but I don't know how well it "conditions" my lashes. This expensive eye makeup remover could easily be replaced with: Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover that's only $6.99
Toner: Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner- $34
This product is an exfoliating toner so there isn't much to compare it to. It uses fruit acids from tamarind to exfoliate and white nettle to tighten pores. It's very gentle on the skin so I can even use it when I have a cold and my noses is sore and full of dead skin. The only thing I can compare this to, but do not prefer, is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion in Level 3 for $16. It has a lot more chemicals in it and is definitely not as gentle.
Day Cream: Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Anti-Ageing Mattifying Lotion- $60
This lotion contains apple stem cells to fight signs of ageing and retinol to stimulate cell turnover and keep lines at bay. It also helps to reduce pores and keep the skin mattified throughout the day. I also like the yellow colouring of the product to instantly reduce some redness. What's a cheaper alternative? The Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Acne Protocol and the entire set is only $40. The set includes the cleanser, toner, and lotion. This product uses Salicyclic acid to fight breakout and Ginseng to fight lines. I personally find retinol to be more effective ingredient but if you are sensitive to that, try Olay.
Night Serum: Neostrata's Skin Brightener - $72.50
This intensive serum contains 20% Vitamin C. This helps to fight discolorations in the skin but is VERY strong on the skin and you will see a vast improvement after the first couple of nights. This product is not for anyone with sensitive skin. A cheaper alternative to this is the Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Booster- $26. It uses Vitamin C and E to brighten and soften the skin, as well as brazil nut oil to hydrate the skin. If you have sensitive, dry skin, choose the Body Shop option, if you want to see results fast, use Neostrata.
I have to admit, this was a tough challenge for me. Some of the products on the list I bought because I found them unique. These were the best dupes I could give as I have at least tried all these.
Are there any other products that you want me to find a dupe for?
So far it's been a fantastic morning. I woke up right away from my alarm (and didn't hit the snooze button once), I'm having a good hair day, I have left-overs saved for lunch, and the roads weren't packed with traffic this morning. On top of all that, I completed my fifth product for my project pan. I finished the Clarins Daily Energizer Lotion with SPF 15. Now, this isn't a huge accomplishment considering it's only 30 ml but none the less. I originally purchased this product in the summer because it was inexpensive ($25), small enough for travel, had SOME SPF, it's oil-free and smells like oranges.
Although Clarins claims this product is mattifying, I disagree. No, it didn't give me extra luminosity, but it still wasn't matte. I did enjoy this moisturizer. It was hydrating enough but I didn't feel like it did anything special for my skin. Don't get me wrong, I didn't break out from it and it wasn't over drying, it's just that I want to use anti-ageing products and/or products for my pores.
I will definitely repurchase this next summer while traveling.
I was tagged by Annabelle from Beauty & Style to do a Random Little Things Tag. It's simple enough. All I have to do is post 10 random things about myself. So here it is!
1. I'm short. I'm only 5'1 AND a half (Every little bit helps okay).
2. I'm very clumsy to the point where I am NOT allowed to decorate the Christmas tree.
3. I like anime (Currently re-watching Dragon Ball Z).
4. I don't like white wine, only red.
5. My favourite Disney princess was Ariel. I tried to sing like her too and my family still reminds me to this day about how bad I was.
6. I am currently wearing a Batman sweater.
7. I wish I was good at nail art. I always fail at trying to paint my right hand.
8. My boyfriend makes the best chocolate chip cookies (I can't bake).
9. I'm not AWESOME at anything, I just OKAY at a lot of things.
10. My favourite board game is Settlers of Catan. I always play as orange.
Now I Tag YOU! Do this tag and either leave your responses below or give me the link to where you answered them.
Just as a reminder that I don't need to spend more money on beauty products, I am going to do "My Most Expensive Face" in a Skincare and Makeup edition. This was inspired by Kimberley at Hopeful Aspirations.